During the Auction FAQ
- How do I place a bid on an item?
- Do you have any advice for new bidders?
- How can I find more information on an item before making a purchase?
- What exactly is an Open Auction?
- Why does the system not accept my bid?
- How can I retract my confirmed bid?
- Where can I monitor my bidding activity?
You must Log In, before placing a bid. If you have not registered, please click here to create an account.
Once you find an item you are interested in bidding on, click on the image to view the description page. Our bid button is designed to bid at a default amount every time it is pressed. The default bidding increment is $1.00 USD
We suggest you learn as much information as possible about any item you are interested in. You can review some tips on tactical on-line bidding by visiting our Placing Bids Page in our Help Section.
An Open Auction is when buyers bid until the auction ends. The item is then sold to the highest bidder at the end of the auction period. Bidding starts at $1.00 and the seller must sell the item to the highest bidder.
Once the auction closes, an e-mail notification providing payment information will be sent.
There are two reasons why a confirmed bid can be considered invalid:
- Youhave entered an invalid value in the "Bid Amount" field. Make sure that your bid amount contains only numbers. Do not enter any dollar signs ($) or commas (,) etc. into the bid box field. Also, do not enter any cent increments. Only whole dollar amounts will be accepted.
- Your bid amount is less than the "Next Bid" value. Make sure that your bid is equal to or greater than the current "Next Bid" value shown on the listing page.
Once you have submitted your confirmed bid, it cannot be retracted except in the case of obvious typographical errors or an error on the item's listing. In this case, you must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with all applicable information including your username, the type of error, and the item's listing number. A customer service representative will review your request and make a determination based on the information that you provide.
You can monitor all your bidding activity from within the Manage My Active Bids section of the MyBidz Control Center.